Today we're sharing with you our seven favorite beauty products, all of which you can find right here in Seaside. Read on for the mermaids' picks and to find out about our awesome G I V E A W A Y ! ! ! ! ! ! !
This bronzing butter by Shine On Living is about to become your new best friend. Not only does it make you shimmery and bronze, it is also all-natural, nutrient-rich, has antioxidant actives, and is ultra moisturizing, plus the company was born right here in Santa Rosa Beach! What's not to love?
If you don't win our giveaway, you'll definitely want to rush right over to Beach Ready Spa to purchase this amazing product ASAP. While you're there, you should go ahead and try one of their signature Shell Pedicures, another of our favorites, and check out their wonderful assortment of natural and organic beauty products.
No one can better explain what makes this product so awesome than the creator herself. In her own words, on what makes this Solar Recover Save Your Skin spray so amazing--
"Our lead product was conceived of a few years ago innocently enough when I owned a tennis club in the Southern California desert where the daytime summer temps reached 115 degrees regularly. After being nuked all day the last thing I wanted to do was to smear sticky aloe products on my skin. We created a fine mist to rehydrate and discovered by accident one day when we got sunburned at the beach that the spray calmed down the burn and prevented peeling unlike anything else we had ever used."
And on how to use the product--
- "We spray our entire bodies every day all year even during the colder months as an antidote for dry skin due to dry heat and chlorine from the tap shower water. We keep a bottle at every sink in our house. If we touch water we towel dry and rehydrate immediately
- It's a great way to moisturize skin daily for women and especially for men who are lazy and far to hairy to bother with smearing cream on their arms and legs. We also use it as an after shave as it works better than anything else we've tried in calming down irritated skin.***(Share this with your mermen too!)***
- Charlene is an Esthetician and uses it to calm down irritated skin after waxing her clients.
- I prefer Save Your Skin to creams for hand moisture because I can use my hands right away after applying it without getting anything I touch greasy."
Comptoir Sud Pacifique was founded in 1974 by Josée and Pierre Fournier - audacious couple, lovers of freedom, adventure seekers. During their travels, they discovered unusual, precious, and often rare essences that formed the foundation of their unique scent collection.
For Audrey's pick, these master perfumers have truly captured the feeling of the tropics. Coco Extreme plays with the flirty warm scents of carefree coconut and enticing vanilla. The fragrance translates to a subconscious feeling of warm sands, the caress of a tropical sun, and the relaxed confidence of the Caribbean. Launched in 2006, this fragrance has a creamy composition to capture the experience of waves crashing on the shore and a hammock between gently swaying coconut palms.
Come see us at Perspicasity for this scent and the rest of the Comptoir Sud Pacifique fragrance collection, and be transported to your happy place.
Everyday Sunscreen SPF 50 provides super broad spectrum sun protection for face & body in an oil-free, non-comedogenic lotion. Powered by potent antioxidant-rich Cellular Response Technology, this lotion preserves and protects skin’s youthful glow. This feel-good formula is moisturizing, lightweight and fast-absorbing.
What Makes This Goop Super
• Non-comedogenic, avobenzone based formula easily absorbs into the skin allowing skin to breathe and sweat
• Replenishes moisture through a unique beta-glucan proven to deliver better long term moisturization than hyaluronic acid
• Natural extracts of citrus, basil and boise de rose provide a subtle sensorial experience with no unpleasant “sunscreen” smell.
Find this and an assortment of other Super Goop products at Seaside Kids and Seaside Classic.
Herbivore's Sea Mist Hair Spray is formulated with the same salinity as Pacific Ocean saltwater. This spray is great for adding beachy texture and waves to hair naturally, and the essential oils of coconut and vanilla give off an exotic aroma.
Containing only the finest, all-natural ingredients, with an emphasis on ingredients that are plant-based, organic, and food-grade, each ingredient is included for a therapeutic reason. All of the oils are cold-pressed or steam distilled. These are the best extraction methods available and lead to premium quality oils. All products are made in small batches in the USA.
Yes to all of that, amirite?!?
Be sure to visit Raw & Juicy's lifestyle store on the South side of 30A the next time you're in Seaside. In addition to this beautiful Herbivore collection, they have lots of other mermaid-approved beauty products and a lovely assortment of home wares. We should also mention that Jen & Arix serve raw coconuts with homemade infused simple syrups on the patio-- definitely our favorite way to sip n shop.
Moisturizing never looked so good. This light body spray has a sweet shimmer that not only hydrates the rough and dry patches, but gives an extra glisten. An extra that should always be included, we think.
Available in four different scents, our favorite is Boheme. This boho-chic scent is warm, sensual and free-spirited. Ylang ylang, jasmine and light citrus notes are mixed with vanilla, amber and musk. You will feel like you are watching the sunset after a day on 30A.
If you haven't visited the Art of Simple yet, you must. They have so many beauty products to love, we had a hard time choosing a favorite for this post!! A sampling of their product mix is available online, but it doesn't compare to the experience of visiting this adorable emporium of "curiosities & necessities." Be sure to tell Laura & Michael, the couple behind the Art of Simple, "hello" for us!
Sun Bum's Coconut lip balm with SPF 30 is so yummy, it's hard not to lick it right off! With added Aloe and Vitamin E, it will protect and moisturize your kisser all day long. It relieves the drying effects of sun, wind and sea, and it restores and nourishes chapped lips.
A mermaid staple, grab some at the Fitness Fetish in Seaside!
Now for the part you've been waiting for: How to win this fabulous assortment of mermaid-approved beauty products, a total retail value of $197. Follow these steps to enter:
1. Follow @perspicasity @theseasidestyle @rawandjuicy and @theartofsimple on Instagram.
2. Like this original photo (shown above) on @perspicasity's Instagram.
3. Tag a friend in the comments below the original photo on @perspicasity's Instagram page.
4. The more friends you tag, the more entries you get!
We'll pick a winner on July 15th.
Good luck, mermaids! We're rooting for you. ;)